Friday, August 31, 2007

Bless This Mess?

My Sacred Life, Day 13

THIS is my laundry pile. It is my offering for today. Perhaps it isn't quite sacred, but the intention is: I offer this image to all those out there (and we know who we are) that may bemoan their lack of housekeeping skills. I was once offered the advice (cut throat as it may be) that if you're feeling bad about yourself and your life just take a look at someone who has it worse than you. (Not exactly spiritual but it does work.) So take a look and may you leave here feeling a little bit better about your own mess.

What mess could you embrace, and maybe accept, just for today?

Another view, just for good measure. Feeling better yet? I am, though The Hubby is going to kill me for posting these!

7 comments:

Olivia said...

Phew, Deborah, I do feel better! My office pile is falling over and it's good to know I'm not the only one who is "snowed under". Most especially, I love the idea of blessing the mess and of seeing it as an ordinary, inevitable, and yes, sacred part of life. THANK YOU!

Carla said...

Laundry is one of the few household chores I actually really enjoy doing. That and mowing the lawn. I'd happily do yours if you lived nearby! :)

Deborah said...

Damn the space between us, Carla. I'm really good at major projects - like cleaning out garages or spare bedrooms. Its maintenance that trips me up.

Beverly Keaton Smith said...

This makes me laugh! What a fun post. So fun and playful. It's all good...(clean, in between, or down right messy)...just like life!

Rick Hamrick said...

Deb--I can only laugh!

Because my wife has insisted that I at least make an effort to avoid embarrassing her, her family, and our entire homeland of North Carolina (southerners take this stuff waaay seriously, and we live in Denver!), I cannot in good conscience show you in a graphic way how much my mess trumps you mess.

You will just have to trust me on this one.

Julie said...

I love this post. Way to "throw yourself on the grenade" so the rest of us can feel better today.-:)

Claire said...

bless you for your honesty, dear deborah!!! like carla, i love doing laundry - one of life's chores i'm actually missing...
i've posted a pic of your beautiful beads on my blog - i hope you get lots of new orders, then you won't have time for laundry!! xx