Monday, August 20, 2007

My Sacred Life





Carla, over at Zena Musings has started a new project and invited us all to come along. She's calling it My Sacred Life. I'm picturing it mentally as a sort of visual gratitude list. My only problem is where to start! How do I narrow down my choices?

I find it a miracle that when I look at my life with the intention of finding the cool stuff I want to share, it isn't the difficulty of finding any one thing but the overwhelming choice of what one thing today do I want to share.

I wonder, is the intention of looking to find them that causes me to see the multitude of the blessings of my life? Or is it the thought of sharing them, of being a part of a community that cares about seeing the blessings of my life and sharing their own?

For a long time now I have found "God" to be the interactions I have with others; "God" is the mindful, heartfelt connections that I make with people, especially in circles. I find it absolutely mind blowing that I should find God on a blog.

What unexpected places do you find "God"?

PS Want to check out some of the others participating in the My Sacred Life Project? Just click on the side panel...

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Hi, Deborah,

I am definitely finding God in the process of gratitude, which this "My Sacred Life" process is teaching me. Although I find God in so many other places, this experience has been precious.

Love and blessings,

Olivia

Anonymous said...

Claire said:
hi deborah,
i visited your blog this morning but blogger won't let me comment - it keeps doing this!!
anyway, just wanted to say 'hi' and i just love the way you ask the most insightful questions - it's a real gift!!!
i too have found 'god' in blogland - i'm trying to find a 'better' name - the christian 'god' is just too masculine, and i'm not yet comfortable with 'goddess'...
the theologian in me wants to name something the mystic in me just knows...
blessings, claire