Monday, September 3, 2007

Beach Day

My Sacred Life, Day 15ish (I think)


I am a consummate beach comber. Always have been. My grandparents encouraged this, in spite of how grossed out my grandmother was the year I found the rat skull on the beach. She let me keep it but it soaked in bleach for three days before she deemed it clean enough.


Now I rarely leave the beach without some treasure. Today, at the beach with the kids it was photos and a shell that just might work on my next set of Story-Beads. The kids have so much fun and even sick as The Hubby and I were we had a good time, too. Lunch, seagulls...who could ask for anything more?

Where do you find your treasures?


Seagulls in the sand, advancing quickly (though subtlety)


Regal Seagull

Seagull Energy:

Seagull: versatility, loud, lazy, easy going
Seagull: observation, swift action, opportunity,carefree attitude, versatility
Seagull: Carefree Attitude, Versatility, Freedom

(seems the Universe is trying to hint at versatility...)

3 comments:

Annie Z said...

I love the story about your grandma and the rat skull!
Glad you had a nice day at the beach and I hope you feel better soon.
Annie
xxx

Beverly Keaton Smith said...

I love finding treasures at the beach too. Rocks also manage to find a way into my house. Sounds like you had a lovely day.

Lu said...

I used to live in Florida years ago and the beach was such a wonderful thing. The treasures best of all.