Sunday, October 28, 2007

J-E-T-S...Jets, Jets, Jets!


Never in a million years would I ever have thought that I'd include a football game as part of my sacred life, and yet here we are on a Sunday afternoon, watching the Jets try not to get clobbered, eating junk food and learning the ins and outs of the game.


Ever since The Hubby began uncovering what brings him joy, Jets football has been a part of of lives. And because we love him we watch, too, and we're learning to enjoy it.

I can remember being a girl and wandering into our den while my dad was watching football. I tried to catch on to the rules but it's a tough game when you don't have a clue. My dad tried a little to explain but watching it was more important to him than bonding over it was.

The Hubby understands what my dad didn't - that this is an opportunity for us to all be closer to him. And because he loves us he lets us watch and he explains whats going on, and he's enjoying that part of it, too.

What surprises have you uncovered in your search for what brings you joy?

No comments: