Monday, February 25, 2008

Hacienda Las Trancas


Hacienda Las Trancas, originally uploaded by BillieS.

The family and I have just gotten back from Mexico, where I performed my second ever wedding ceremony, and the entire experience was absolutely magnificent! There is so much to tell about it I hardly know where to begin!


Above is a picture of the Hacienda where the bride and groom chose to get married. Imagine it candle lit with orange and purple streamers and flowers to match. That's how we spent this weekend.


The art of hospitality is as much a spiritual practice as prayer or meditation. The ability to make people feel at home someplace that isn't home to them is truly a blessing. Kelley and her husband and staff offer that blessing to those that visit, going to great lengths to keep everything flowing smoothly. Even the mariachis that played as I finished the final blessing, a quote from Robert Fulgham:




“May God bless you and keep you;
May the sun of many days and years shine upon you;
May the love you have for one another grow and hold you close;
May the good true light within you guide your way on together;
And long, long years from now, may you look at one another and be able to say,
'Because of you, I have lived the life I have always wanted to live –
Because of you I have become the person I longed to be.'
God bless, God bless, God bless.
Let the music and feasting and dancing begin!”


Where does the art of hospitality come into your life?



Hacienda Las Trancas, originally uploaded by BillieS.

3 comments:

Leonora said...

Wasn't it wonderful?
I miss Mexico already.

Karen said...

Beautiful photos...

Mary Alice said...

What a lovely quote. It sounds like a fantastic experience. I have one friend who really has the art of hospitality down. She will invite you to dinner on the spur of the moment because she enjoys your comapany and her food is always wonderful...but very simple, she doesn't make anything that she wouldn't ordinarily be making for her own family. She never says, "oh I'm sorry it's only stew" or apologizes....and somehow that seems so perfect, you feel so much closer, so much more part of the family that way.

BTW I came via Karen's favorites links, clicking on your blog because the name Spiritual Anecodotes was so intriguing.