Friday, July 31, 2009

A Cat Post (apologies, Caroline!)

Nothing makes my cat happier than when I sit down with a blanket on my lap and keep still. Such a simple thing and so appreciated. Just keep still.

I have a thing for sleeping cats - I just adore a sleeping cat! I try to capture it in photos but there is something illusive about a sleeping cat.

Maybe what I find so great is how they OWN it. Right or wrong, your sweater or your lap, whether there's something else to do or not, a cat will sleep and sleep like there is no tomorrow. They are in full possession of their napping. They live into it.

Does that make sense?

I want to OWN my stuff more. I want to do what I do, unapologetically, even if it's a "shortcoming." Even when it's napping and there's other stuff to be doing. I want to fully enjoy it, the way a cat enjoys a nap on a warm lap with a blanket when a loved one has decided to finally keep still.

What would you own if you could be more catlike about your life?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Apologies not neede ever! we hav the right t own our time in ny way we use it.. for napping, for walking, for ignoring the cell or house phone..I never knew cats slept that deep. I love the way you say THEY OWN IT:) why shouldn't we too??
If I nap I should be ableto sleep huh!? my day will come.