Sunday, July 8, 2007

New Endeavors

I started a blog once before; the only problem was it wasn't on the computer. The first mailing was a wonderful chapter from a book by Francesca Block, a retelling of the Cinderella fairy tale. It was sent anonymously, via snail mail, to arouse curiosity.

A week later I sent out the letter that explained it all - the concept of sharing ideas and literature and culture. The hope of building a sense of community.

It lasted all of three mailings.

Here's hoping this little foray in community and story goes a little better than the last did.


What is it the right time for in your life?

1 comment:

storyteller said...

It's the right time in my life to say "hello" to you! I found your site several days ago (perhaps as a link from Carla's?) ... scanned it quickly while doing a general "get acquainted survey" of the Blogosphere at the urging of Kara (Spiritdoll) who I met in Taos at a Writers Retreat this summer ... bookmarked it so I could return later ... and left a comment in response to a post you had on journaling ... before moving on. Upon returning today, I realized you're relatively new to blogging yourself. Because I have lots to learn, I've read all your posts, left a few comments along the way, and finally have arrived at your very first post. I wish you lived next door for I'd love to get acquainted face to face ... perhaps over coffee or tea. However, after creating two blogs of my own and posting daily for just about a week now ... I'm delighted to meet you in this "virtual" manner and will look forward to returning regularly. I especially love the way you end each post with a thought-provoking question.