Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A Slice of Life


My perspective has changed slightly since starting this blog. I see things not just with an eye towards marketing but towards promoting others.

Carla Blazek writes Zena Musings and runs Zena Moon candles which are out of this world! Just look at them on my birthday altar in the photo above. She does a lot of referencing local places that reflect her experience. She also mentions blogs that touch her. I check out these references quite often, not just in the hopes of stumbling upon a great site but also because of Carla.

As curious as I am about what my life looks like, I am equally curious about what other people's lives look like. Carla's references offer me a slice of her life and in that way - a slice at a time - a story at a time, we become a community.

What would a slice of your life look like? If you were to take snapshots of your day what would the scrapbook look like?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of the God jar. It's kind of like writing a list you never have to look at again. I'm afraid I'm not as well-along the path to self acceptance as you are, Deborah. Were I to have one, my God jar would more likely be my Oh -God-I-haven't- done- this-yet-either jar.

Deborah said...

That's the beauty of this little practice - EVERYTHING goes in! Of course, if you're really looking to release the energy of "Oh God I haven't done this yet either" make an extensive list and burn it (in a controlled environment, of course.) There's nothing like watching your shortcomings going up in flames!