Tuesday, October 9, 2007

My Journal

My Sacred Life, Day 29


My journal is the one spiritual practice that I have maintained through all the ins and outs of my life. It is the container that holds everything that I have. On the page I have learned to feel safe and "speak" even the darkest fear, only to see that its really not so terrible. It is on the page that I often find myself closest to "God" and on those pages are the sincerest prayers that have left my heart. When I am sad, scared, frustrated, rageful, confused, frustrated, disheartened or simply out of sorts, it's in my writing that I find perspective. (As Julia Cameron says, in "writing" I "right" myself..)

My life would not be the same without the refuge that I have in my writing. My Sacred Life Project would be incomplete without mention of the most important tool in my spiritual toolbox. My beloved journal...

Where do you go with all that you hold inside?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i, too, go to the page...although i wish i was more consistent with my writing practice than i have been lately. but i suppose i should just "start where i am"...

Annie Z said...

I haven't written at all this week. I usually am like you. Not sure why. But hearing about your own sacred journal may inspire me, you never know! So glad you find such joy and release in your writings.
Annie
xxx

storyteller said...

Writing in my journal has been my saving grace for decades. It's long been a place to explore whatever I encounter in life ... make sense of experience ... bless and surrender those pieces that seemingly make no sense ... at least at the time. Who I am today is directly attributable to the space my journal provides to just be as I am ... without judgment or assumption while shining light lovingly in the dark places to heal the festering wounds and delighting in the joyful moments of life with gratitude.