Monday, October 22, 2007

A Review of Silence

Last night's silence was less fulfilling than I might have hoped. I think I might have been happier watching Blood Diamond again, (my latest favorite movie) journal in hand, than silently untangling all my jewelry. So, what did I do?
  1. I sat outside and watched the moon with a glass of Italian wine - silently.
  2. I took a hot shower by candlelight - silently.
  3. I undertook the long overdue process of untangling my jewelry that sits in the bowl on my nightstand - silently.
  4. I put away chili - silently.

So, what did I learn?
  1. When I am in silence I am very aware of how my body moves and just how much noise I make as I go about my activities. I can take Native American tracker off my list of potential jobs. Shucks.
  2. The dog is like a toddler and needs talking to even when it is my intention to be silent.
  3. I have words everywhere! Wonderful words on books, in notes, on the walls, in letters. I love words! I missed them during my quiet time.
So, this morning I am much more careless (carefree?) with my words - throwing them around. It's quiet in the house with everyone off at school or work but it isn't silent; somehow the added intention of silence makes everything feel different. I think I may go have some chili now, and sing at the top of my lungs in between bites!!

What happens when your intention turns to silence?

Below is something fun I found at Claire's blog:


You are The High Priestess


Science, Wisdom, Knowledge, Education.


The High Priestess is the card of knowledge, instinctual, supernatural, secret knowledge. She holds scrolls of arcane information that she might, or might not reveal to you. The moon crown on her head as well as the crescent by her foot indicates her willingness to illuminate what you otherwise might not see, reveal the secrets you need to know. The High Priestess is also associated with the moon however and can also indicate change or fluxuation, particularily when it comes to your moods.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.

1 comment:

DAWN said...

Well, at least you tried it and know you now. I love words, too so it would be hard for me as well. I think what is harder is to quiet the chatter in my own head, though.