Sunday, October 21, 2007

An Evening of Silence

In about 15 minutes I will be doing an exercise recommended by Julia Cameron in several of her books - An Evening of Silence. With two kids and a hubby, an entire evening without the company of others is truly a rarity. The kids played hard today and are in bed for the night. Meanwhile, The Hubby is somewhere over the Atlantic, heading to Zürich on a business trip. A rare opportunity for an evening of quiet.

What will I do without talking and TV and music and books or even...(gasp!) writing? The evening lies before me and I'm dreaming of a hot shower and from there, who knows? Perhaps my intuition will find its voice in the silence I provide.

What do you find in the silence?

1 comment:

Annie Z said...

I hope you had a wonderful evening, Deb.
Annie
xxx