Thursday, November 1, 2007

Visual Practice



Pinch Punch first of the month! Here are the collages for this month - note the coaching sessions on the 8th and the 29th. That's my inspiration for these, based on Laura Howard West's vision boards. I've joined a business coaching group to breathe some new life into the marketing I'm doing for Story-Beads. I'm looking forward to it and I like looking at this upcoming month too which is the major purpose of doing these monthly collages. That and helping me to find a focus for each month!

This site is dedicated to finding "finding the spiritual practices hidden in stories of everyday life." Collage work is actually a spiritual practice to me, whether its expressing that which is inexpressible in words, or doing treasure maps of dreams I'd like to manifest. I'm also fascinated by the concept of visual prayer though I have yet to try it. And perhaps the highest truth I know is just that I love cutting and pasting to make something new...

What visual images connect you to That Which Is Bigger?

3 comments:

Annie Z said...

"finding the spiritual practices hidden in stories of everyday life"

I love this sentence. I really tuned into a couple of days ago at the top of your blog and it has stuck with me. And now you have specifically mentioned it in your post. It fits my life's philosophy so perfectly!

Annie
xxx

storyteller said...

Thanks for sharing your process and the providing links to some resources you've found helpful. I love the look of your visual piece and believe in the power of living with intention. Blessings as you use this course to invigorate your Story Bead business.

Beverly Keaton Smith said...

images that connect me to "bigger"...mmm...nature, children, animals, empowering words, stars, rainbows, bright, joyful colors...oh, I good could on and on...I love collage too...very powerful work...aka...play!