Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Frosty the Snowman

One of the things that everyone who has heard and seen my three year vision has mirrored back to me is my desire to de-clutter the house and feel organized. (I know, welcome to January, where dreams of organization fill everyone's head.) Still, the truck is filled with 11 boxes/bags of stuff due for the thrift store; even Miss M donated 17 stuffed animals and a giant unicorn that she's had for quite a few years. I like the idea of teaching her and her brother that there's a free flow of energy and in order to open up for new energy you sometimes have to release some old.

And so we come to Frosty, the little guy in the picture. He was made by a woman I have no memory of, but he was a part of my childhood Christmases and so I've kept him all these years

He is looking a little worse for wear these days and, quite honestly, I just don't feel the attachment to him that I did. I have other memories that mean more to me. So, Frosty's gotta go.

I'll admit, it tugs on my heartstrings, his cute little face, his familiar little carrot...but no! I have to be strong; I have to be (reasonably) ruthless. I want to live a certain way and that means there will be some sacrifices. Frosty is one, sacrificed on the altar of organization and clutter-free living.

I worry that some day in the future I may pine for him. What if I want him "some day." The Hubby and I have spent a lot of energy living for that elusive "some day;" I have a picture of Frosty, one that doesn't take up any space or cause me to trip or sort through papers that have no home. I'm ready to start living for this day.

What are you willing to sacrifice in order to live for today?

No comments: