Saturday, February 2, 2008

"Newbies"

May I introduce you to the Mitten Twins, Miss M's latest creatures. I was told that they were the newbies and all newbies get to sleep in her bed their first night. So while the other sock creatures wandered over into the fairy fort, the newbies settled in next to her pillow.

Here are her creations, chilling in her fairy tree fort. There are, of course, story lines that go along with all of them. That's Soot, her first creation, on top resting with his one-eyed girlfriend Polly. Down below is Polly's goth friend (ironically) named Rose - note the shock of red hair. There are others whose stories are not so clear but I'm sure she is intimate with them.

To this collection she adds the Mitten Twins and a beaded fellow she's named Dwallin, after one of the dwarves in The Hobbit. (He was missing in action when everyone else went to bed in the tree fort.) Now she's had an offer from our friend who owns Babbo's Bookstore to try her hand at selling some of her creations. We're all curious to see what comes.

Once again a day late for Sacred Life Sunday my sacred life this week turns to Miss M's creativity. Watching her creativity blossom and her self-assurance grow, I feel so blessed to have this particular little creature in my life. Miss M, my sacred one.
(Soot and Polly)

(Rose, the goth chic who hates her hair and her name)

(Milo investigates the sleeping creatures - this is a good shot of Rudy, the one asleep under his book in the hammock in the center of the shot. He was one of my creations.)

Who blesses your life with creativity and growth?

1 comment:

Karen said...

Wonderful! My little guy gets creative with strings and cords--they're all over the house.