Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day


Sea otters, originally uploaded by Wiggum03.



What a wonderful day, and I'm not a big one for Valentine's Day, generally speaking. But today was a day of full-hearted gratitude.

Today started with my first ever Reiki circle. Although I was certified in Reiki nearly six years ago, today was a first. My new friend Jenn invited me and I said YES! How wonderful it was to experience four people giving me reiki at once and then to reciprocate. I left feeling light and clear.

From there I had my weekly coaching group. Things were feeling shaky yesterday but today, through open communication and holding the space we managed to not only clear the air but come away feeling empowered and jazzed.

When Laura asked what we were taking away from the call I thought I knew the answer, but something wholely different came out. I realized that right now, it matters far less that my company is struggling to break even and infinitely more important that because of Story-Beads I have opportunities like this morning's Reiki circle and the honor of holding the space for all these wonderful beautiful women in my coaching group (and YES, I do mean you, Maria and Denise!) I feel more comfortable in social situations than I have before. Story-Beads acts as a scaffold to support me out there in the big wide world.

Feeling this way it becomes infinitely easier to attempt new things - like using Flickr (like the sea otters?) and searching out people and places to host the Story-Beads workshop that I offer.

So, why the sea otters? In the Medicine Cards that I use from Jamie Sams, the sea otter is female spirituality. To me that means the togetherness of the circles that I am so blessed to be a part of. After years of searching for a sense of belonging, I am finding it. That makes for a Happy Valentine's Day, indeed!

Who or what scaffolds you?

No comments: