Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Able



Last September, after our cat passed away, I took the kids to Caumsett State park; it's our special place, well known enough that we're comfortable there and we find comfort there amoungst the trees and fields. The longer walk to the beach adds depth to our retreats there. It's a container big enough to hold us all, no matter what feelings we bring there.

I know its been too long (from a "good business practices" standpoint) since I posted to the blog and so in looking for pictures to post today I came across these. I'd dearly love to be at Caumsett today but the cold, nasty rain that has blanketed the upper east coast keeps me in today. Not to mention a million other errands and "to do"s.


These pictures let me remember the contentment we find in our special place and, even though I can't be there, just knowing that I have that available to me makes me feel more able to handle everything else that needs doing. So now its upstairs to continue to put the kids rooms back together after having them painted and then some Story-Beads work. Caumsett's got my back and because of that I feel better. Amen.
Who (or what or where) has "got your back"?

1 comment:

Beverly Keaton Smith said...

I love these photos. They speak volumes...thanks for sharing them...Bev