Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sacred Life Sunday - Ode to the Bath

I haven't taken a bath in close to ten months. It hasn't been by choice, exactly, except that the contractors recommended that I avoid them lest I, and my 800 pounds of water, wanted to end up in the basement below. Fair enough.

After three weeks of construction our bathroom was ready for its inaugural bath. What joy! What bliss! Well worth all the agravation and running around I've been forced to do during construction.

When I was little I used to pretend I was a mermaid. I have always loved water and tonight it is with immense gratitude that I bless the people who invented indoor plumbing, hot water heaters and beyond a doubt - my contractors! A sacred life indeed.

When was the last time you allowed the element of water to soothe you?

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Today! I have a bathtub that is my therapy, Deb. I only take showers in an emergency or when I travel :) Congratulations! Blessings, O

Karen said...

What a GORGEOUS photo!