Sunday, May 18, 2008

Fox on a Sacred Life Sunday


Red Fox Sitting, originally uploaded by The Roaming Ranger.

Two weeks in a row now fox has darted in front of my car on the way home from my Wednesday night creativity group. Teacher and storyteller Christina Baldwin says to pay attention to "call and response" or what I think of as omens. Foxes are rare enough in this area for me to perk up and take notice.

Crafty. Clever. Also hiding in the shaddows. Of course I like the sound of the first two but the last one I am wary of because I don't readily recognize the places I may be hiding. Then there's the idea that one should venture out of hiding whenever feasible. Well, OK...

I differentiate between totem animals I have chosen like bear, otter and wolf, and ones that I have been given by the animals themselves like mouse, swan, crow and now fox. What totem animals have you been given?

No comments: