Monday, June 16, 2008

WomanQuest 2008

I am newly back from my first ever vision quest. WomanQuest is based on the Native American tradition of going out into nature unencumbered and fasting until a vision comes to you. This wasn't quite so harsh - we had a 24 hour timeperiod (sunrise to sunrise) and sleeping bags, though food was optional.

There will be many stories to come from my experience and all the glorious ladies I met while I was away. Spiders are abounding, big and small and in my hair! Spider for creativity, spider for the weaving of stories. Integration is a long, slow process but I am home so keep an eye open for new and interesting tales from one who ventured into the Spiritworld for all of you who could not this time...

What adventure calls to you in this moment?

2 comments:

Creative Soulful Woman said...

Hi,
I fell onto your blog through Zena Moon's site and Sacred Sunday list.
I have a blog called questinggirl, so was immediately pulled to Womanquest. I'm blogging about pre-menopause, kids, my women's circle, sacred feminine, whatever poems drift through, on 3 different blogs - drop by for a chat,
best
jenn
www.questinggirl.blogspot.com

Creative Soulful Woman said...

ps would love to hear more about your vision quest. It's something I would love to be brave enough to do, and now my kids are old enough to leave for a weekend (as long as there are no wild parties!) maybe I could swing it,
jenn