Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Appearances

Today I was mistaken as an organized individual by a new business associate. Then, the guy at the local post office where I mail off my Story-Beads orders said he'd see me tomorrow because he knew I had orders and he said I was good at getting them out.

Whoa! Now hold on a minute. Those two points of view couldn't be farther from...well, not the truth because sometimes I'm organized and sometimes I'm on top of getting orders out on time. Those two points of view couldn't be farther from my own point of view, which of course sees all the shortcomings and very few of the things I do right.

Whether these two people are right about me or not really doesn't make too much difference. What I find interesting is that I look at other people and assume things - they've got it together, they're faultless business people, they're organized. Maybe I've just caught them in a shining moment. And if that's the case, maybe I'm more of all those things than I give myself credit for.

How would your life change if you were able to see yourself through the shining moments rather than the less attractive ones?

PS Perhaps the puppy in the dishwasher wasn't the best choice of picture. It does sort of make a difference if the dishes are clean by puppy or clean by soap and water. Still either way they appear clean, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true.
I'm also impressed by how many people choose to see the best in me.

I love the picture!