Monday, March 30, 2009

Family

The annual Dropkick Murphy's concert was a week or two ago. This year we rented a limo so we could have a "good time" in a reponsible way. It was loads of childish, wild fun.

At one point my cousin's wife made a comment about making this a family tradition and looking around the limo we realized that for us family has a wide definition and certainly isn't limited to blood relation: in the limo was my cousin Ben who is adopted, his wife Joyce, my husband, me, my other cousin Matt who is technically a "step-cousin" and his soon-to-be affianced.

All those extra words and technicalities made not a lick of difference. We're family. That's just how it goes these days and I suspect that's how its always gone.

The heart wants what it wants.

Who makes up your family (however you choose to define it)?

No comments: