Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring Wishes

Wanna know what heralds Spring in my extended family more than anything else? Continued bemoaning of the cold weather. This year I am no exception. Checking the thermometer this morning and realizing that yet again I'd have to put on a winter coat if I didn't want to freeze my ta-tas off while waiting for the bus, I let out a string of profanities that would have wilted the precious snowbells that I had to search high and low for in order to get a picture for this post!

It's not pretty but it's authentic.

Sometimes there's a huge gap between the way we'd like to see life and the way we actually do. The first step to bridging that gap is awareness. Today I am aware that I would really like a day warm enough to go without that damn winter coat! Yup, must be Spring...

What authentic, if perhaps inelegant ways, do you notice the seasons of your life?

No comments: