Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Story-Beads for the Forgetful and Unfocused



It is so easy for me to lose focus. Not only do I lose focus but I forget that I’ve lost focus! I don’t even remember that there was something I was intending to focus on. (Renewed commitment to this blog for instance…)



Enter: STORY-BEADS.



In the same way that we teach what we most need to know, I make Story-Beads to remind myself that there are specific (empowering) things that I want to keep in the forefront of my mind.



Of course, I then lose my sets…but I find they turn up at the most fortuitive times.




I stumble upon them when I am feeling most lost and suddenly I remember! Yes! That was where my focus was supposed to be! I’ve wandered from there and that’s why I feel so flighty.
Maybe I should start marketing Story-Beads to the forgetful – myself first and foremost!




Need help focusing?


a key for my journaling, a mouse for my story, an angel for the friends that have my back

3 comments:

Leonora said...

I really must start journaling because I have trouble remembering the details of the past.
Who said that 'the unexamined life is not worth living'?

Deborah said...

Socrates said it - the man whose famous last words were: "I drank what?"

(thank you Real Genius")

russell said...

You should make Beads for ADHD people!! The true unfocused and forgetfuls of the world..