Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sacred Life Sunday - Detours

My little ones (7 and 11) have cried themselves to sleep on this, the last day of vacation. The 14-year-old, my newest (and temporary) charge lies restless in the other room, dreading in his own way the start of school and the necessity of leaving the security and loving warmth of being close.

Sometimes life comes along and knocks you on your ass - you know what I'm talking about. Those unexpected detours that suddenly eclipse everything else in your ordinary life.

I'm in the midst of one of those. A sister with an acute illness, a nephew calling us "home" for a while, long-lost family members crawling out of the woodwork. The whole shebang.

I had plans.

I had goals.

I had thought that my newest offering would launch by the beginning of January at the latest.

Instead, I'm taking Life's "invitation" to see what's down this path, what lessons (gallore) there might be in riding this particular roller coaster.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Detours:
Love it!! yes sometimes life hands us Detours instead of a box of chocolates!
So what if we just welcome them with open arms and let them fall where they will or take them by the horns and gear it your way!!!I am sick of detours!@@give me straight roads!!! for once!