Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Forced Sabbatical

How does the Universe reward all my hard work last week of posting everyday? Why, by knocking out my internet connectivity the instant The Hubby walks out of the house for a week long business trip. It was up within half an hour of his return. His professional opinion? "One of the nobby things came loose." Excellent.

Realization? I have become very reliant on my computer. And I missed blogging with everyone as some of you will note from the ample commentary.

Tomorrow I'll share some pictures of our new family member for My Sacred Life Sunday but in the meantime I'll post a picture that an old friend just sent. Me, circa 1994 or so. I long to be this weight again...
What do you long for from your past? (Wow, that's an unusual question but it feels intuitive so I'm gonna go with it...)

7 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm my own first comment! Looking at the two pictures together - the recent self-portrait and the one from 13 years ago - makes me realize my face is different but not that much different. Perhaps that's why the Universe knocked my internet out - so I could get the pictures from Nomi and make this connection. Hmmm...

Rick Hamrick said...

Deb--two things: the 1994 version of you, given the chance, would long for the wisdom you have gained in the years since. As soon as I get the "pounds for wisdom" exchange machine working, I'll let you know!

Secondly, to answer your prompt, the only thing I would recover from my past would be to, again, have someone pick me up and toss me up in the air. Catching me is part of the deal, too!

Annie Z said...

I'd love to be at an old weight too. But as Rick said, I wouldn't sacrifice my wisdom for that! I want both right now in the present! :):)
My old social life would be good!
Annie
x

Claire said...

don't we all wish to be the weight we were... i love rick's 'pounds for wisdom' idea :o)
i would love to enjoy the wealth of like-minded people i enjoyed during my college years - i'm finding a virtual version here in blogland, but i miss the dropping in for coffee and stimulating conversion...
xxx

thailandchani said...

I can't say I long for it.. but I wouldn't complain about being a lower weight again. :)

Beverly Keaton Smith said...

Oh my gosh, I just wrote about this very topic! Mostly, I long for my dad...and the warmth I feel from being together with my whole family...which includes him.

storyteller said...

Ah Deb,
I wondered where you'd gone and what you were doing. Glad you're reconnected. One thing about being single again entailed learning to do these kinds of things for myself. Initially when problems arose, I'd ask family members and friends to help solve them ... but only if they'd teach me how to do it for myself next time. I got lots of "guided practice" and can do MANY things myself today.

I'm playing with (because I no longer wish to "work" at it) returning to my previous WW goal weight (one I maintained for 15 years or so once I attained it at the age of 40). I'm more than half-way there, but these last 7-10 pounds are fighting with me.
Hugs and blessings,