Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A New Altar; a New Focus

It's the holiday season and I feellike I need all the help I can get in staying focused. See, although it's not ideal now seems to be the right time to work through writing the copy for my newest website, La Padre, which I really want to launch in January. So this morning I took a lengthy pause beforesitting down to write and set up a new altar - a writing altar.




Altars have always been a focal point for me. They act as a visual reminder of what's important.


They also force me to narrow down my focus and my intention in choosing what items to place there - the symbolism must reflect what I want to focus on and if it doesn't then the symbol has to go...or I need to adjust my intention.




On this altar are my candles for writing spiritual stuff (owl and raven from Zena Moon,) a little figure sniffing a rose that reminds me that "I am enough, just as I am," and several gifts from my friends who did my ceremony when I was initiated as La Padre.




I'm happy with it; it's a good start. I'll add to it and take away from it over the next three weeks as I work on the ritual ebook that will be the backbone of the sites material. That's the beauty of altars - their flexibility and flow in service of focus.




What's on your altar? If you don't have one, what would you put on one if you were to create one?






No comments: